How it works
Levlen is a hormonal birth control pill that prevents birth control from happening.
Guidelines for Usage
Follow the dosage instructions provided by your doctor or as mentioned in the instruction booklet/product label.
The instructions need to be followed precisely for the pills to be effective. Take them in the order that they have been instructed to take.
Doctors recommend that you swallow the whole tablet/capsules with a glass of water unless it is specified that it can be broken or chewed.
NOTE: Use only if prescribed to you and intended for your use. Do not share with others.
It is common for people to forget their dosage times and miss doses.
But Levlen is a birth control therapy and if you miss out on 3 active doses, then you need to discard the pack and start afresh.
If you have missed 3 or lesser doses, then take a double dose for the amount of time that you have missed doses.
If you are not sure about the usage, then use another form of birth control until you learn how to use Levlen.
How and where do i store Levlen
The medicine label contains detailed instructions regarding safe storage of the medication. Most medicines are best stored at room temperature between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Some medications may require to be refrigerated. Please check the product label.
Keep it away from the reach of children. Ensure that it is not exposed to direct sunlight or moisture.
Ask your pharmacist about safely disposing off medication that is past expiry date.
Safety Information/ Warning Precautions
Discuss your medical history with your healthcare provider before you start using any new medication.
Ensure that you mention the following:
• Any prior serious ailment, lifestyle disease or surgery
• All the prescription drugs, OTC health supplements, herbal supplements that you are using currently
• Your alcohol intake and whether you smoke or not
• Any history of a known allergic reaction to prescription drugs or food
• If you have bleeding problems (e.g., menstrual changes, clotting problems), heart problems (e.g., congenital valve conditions), migraine headaches, diabetes, and any allergies
This will allow your healthcare provider to prescribe the apt dosage of the medication for you.
To be avoided
You must avoid using Levlen if it you are allergic to any ingredient in it or
• If you have conditions like pregnancy or suspect you are pregnant, uterine problems (e.g., cancer, endometriosis, fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease or PID), vaginal problems (e.g., infection), liver disease or tumors, disease affecting your immune system (e.g., AIDS, leukemia), breast cancer, previous ectopic pregnancy, other IUD (intrauterine device) still in place.
Levlen is known to cause drowsiness or dizziness. Your vision may be blurred and your judgement affected if you consume alcohol with this medication. So, avoid using alcohol while using the drug.
These effects may also get aggravated due to hot weather or fever or severe exercise. So, be cautious when you stand up after a long time from a sitting or lying position. If you feel giddy then lie down immediately and seek medical help.
Information for Pregnant Women Levlen
The Drug is categorized under FDA pregnancy category C
Levlen is found in breast milk. Discuss the potential risks with your healthcare provider before using the medication. Certain medications may be found in breast milk so speak to your child’s doctor to rule out any possibilities of risk.